Stan Crow, Chief Executive for Japan, Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman has a long history in Japan dating back to the late 1950s when the first aircraft used by the Japan Self-Defense Force were the Grumman Avenger used for maritime patrol, Albatross used for search and rescue, and Tracker for anti-submarine warfare. This close partnership with Japan continues today with Northrop Grumman providing support to all the major branches of the JSDF on a range of defense, security and information systems programs.
Major Programs and Capabilities:
- Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) operates thirteen E-2C Hawkeye Airborne Early Warning and Control aircraft. As the largest Hawkeye international customer, JASDF has established the highest standards of performance and safety, surpassing 115,000 accident-free flight hours.
- Northrop Grumman provides major F-35A components and systems to Japan Ministry of Defense. Our partnerships with Japanese industry focus on radar, communication and navigation and the center fuselage for the F-35A.
- JASDF also operates various Northrop Grumman mission and flight avionics such as radar and electronic warfare, navigation systems and IFF systems on F-4, F-35, E-767 AWACS and C-130 aircraft.
- The Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) operates the Northrop Grumman Airborne Laser Mine Detection System (ALMDS) and AQS-24A Mine Hunting Sonar from MCH-101 Airborne Mine Counter Measure Helicopter.
- The Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) operates the Northrop Grumman Longbow Radar and APR-39 radar warning receiver on the AH-64D.
Northrop Grumman has a well-established international presence outside the United States and maintains a network of more than 30 regional business development offices and local businesses serving customers in key international markets in the UK and Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.