The Automatic Identification Technology (AIT) Center of Excellence is located in Williamsburg, Virginia. The AIT Center has been providing all types of AIT solutions for the Department of Defense for over two decades. The AIT Center of Excellence provides a vast array of services to include full life cycle software development and AIT integration, complete line of installation/deployment services, and a comprehensive research, development and operational test facility. The Northrop Grumman AIT Center designs prototypes, tests hardware and software, develops applications and manages implementation service.
The Northrop Grumman AIT Center of Excellence has over twenty years of experience in providing solutions that improve Supply Chain Management. These solutions are designed to allow processing to be performed in a smarter, more efficient manner and makes use of the following AIT technologies.
- Bar Codes (Linear/2D Barcodes/UID)
- Radio Frequency Data Collection (RFDC)
- Active and passive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Smart Cards
- Biometrics (fingerprint, facial, iris, palm)
- Contact Memory Buttons
- Optical Memory Cards
Northrop Grumman brings its customers the benefit of a proven independent systems integrator for AIT wireless and supply chain solutions. This includes hands-on experience with the major wireless vendors, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) vendors, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Automated Information Systems (AIS) providers, and Department of Defense (DoD) retailers and suppliers.
Customers and Major Projects
The listing below shows a sampling of the AIT Center projects and customers.
- Base Access – (aka Biometric Identification System for Access (BISA))
- Fort Bragg Passive RFID Use Case Demonstration
- Military Entrance Processing Command (MEPCOM) e-Security
- Standard Army Ammunition System – Modernization (SAAS-MOD) mobile device application
- Standard Army Retail Supply System – Material Release Order Control System (SARSS-MROCS)
- Mobile device application development
- Wireless installations
US Air Force
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Warehouse
- Combat Ammunition System – Automatic Identification Technology (CAS-AIT)
US Marine Corps
- AIDC – Automatic Identification and Data Capture – passive RFID project
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Bed Space, Tracking & Transportation (BST&T)
- Southern Border Security Solution - Land Ports of Entry (LPOE)
Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Vehicles
The AIT Center captured all three major multi-award IDIQs from the US Army Product Manger Joint-Automatic Identification Technology (PM J-AIT): Passive RFID, RFID III, AIT IV. These vehicles have over $900M in ceilings and all are 9-10 year contracts. The Northrop Grumman is the only vendor that is a Prime on all three contracts.