The AAR-54(V) is a fourth-generation Missile Approach Warning System now in production and available for use on virtually every platform – helicopters, fast jets, and tactical and widebody aircraft. In all applications, this compact, lightweight system provides outstanding clutter rejection, long range and short shot missile detection, rapid automatic cuing to the countermeasures system, and increased situational awareness capabilities via heads-up display (HUD) or radar warning receiver (RWR) display.
Designed for high performance protection, the AAR-54 passively detects ultraviolet (UV) energy from the missile’s exhaust plume, tracks multiple sources, rapidly and accurately classifies each source, and provides threat information to the countermeasures system for optimum response.
The AAR-54 can be interfaced to a chaff/flare Countermeasures Dispenser System (CMDS) or integrated as part of a Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) self-protection suite. With its adaptive design, all applications can use common hardware and software. System simplicity allows for internal installations or external mounting in a pod or pylon.
Proven, tested technology
- The AAR-54 has achieved maturity through extensive and diverse government testing
- 300+ live surface-to-air, air-to-air and anti-tank guided missile firings on QF-4 drone, cable car, and combat vehicles
- 100+ hours of clutter flight tests and analysis
- Six sensor system integration with CMDS on F-16 in a PIDS+ pylon installation
- As an integral part of the AN/AAQ-24(V)/ARI 18246 DIRCM self-protection system, the AAR-54 has successfully passed flight testing on a Sea King helicopter and a C-130, as well as live fire testing at the White Sands Missile Range.