Northrop Grumman provides leading edge analytics to inform and support decision makers leading our national health priorities. As a leading health and human services integrator, Northrop Grumman enables customers to be more efficient through solutions that reduce fraud, waste and abuse; improve data analytics; and provide better user experiences.
Our Healthcare Data Analytics Mission
From population health to personalized healthcare, we provide analytics to improve health outcomes and reduce costs.
We believe that health IT enables the healthcare system to be more efficient and effective and that we need to reduce unnecessary health costs while improving thehealth of the population. Our approach to Health IT via data analytics enablesthat objective – all while securing the confidentiality and safety of personal and financial data.
Healthcare Data Analytics Challenges
The health industry adoption of electronic health records has enabled massive data collection. However, the lack of standards and interoperability limit the ability to translate from raw data to evidence-based care and cost management.
Sharing Data – Opportunity and Risk
Integrating and sharing heterogeneous data across the health sector is the key to enabling improved outcomes at reduced cost. However, healthcare data is a primary target for fraud, waste, abuse, cybersecurity and ransomware. Legal and regulatory constraints may provide some barriers to protect personal data and rights, but, these constraints have not stopped the global trend of increasing security risks.
The overall objectives of sharing data to improve outcomes and reduce cost are in direct competition with cybersecurity risks and personal data protection.
Northrop Grumman’s Healthcare Analytics Capabilities
Although rapid development of the health industry has also created certain obstacles, we provide the right set of tools and capabilities for achieving the levels of data sophistication to identify efficiencies, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve health outcomes for people. Some of these core capabilities include:
- The ability to integrate massive heterogeneous datasets to enable decision making from a national view down to your personal genome.
- The approach and ability to properly leverage big data analytics on a foundation of cybersecurity.
- Use and integration of open source and proprietary tools such as: cloud, mobile, data management, dashboards, user experience, machine learning, artificial intelligence.
- Access to advanced research and development in conjunction with government, academic and industry partners, and we provide the scalability to deploy advanced analytic solutions nationally.
- A data science approach that focuses on three core elements: Management (organizing and collecting data to maintain quality), Analytics (extracting meaningfulknowledge), and Communication (visualizing, disseminating or exchanging information).
Our successful history of supporting national customers, programs and decisionmakers in the healthcare industry demonstrate our ability to make an impact. Asour nation continues to move toward the big data issues related to genomics and personalized medicine, we are optimistic about the impact on health, while we are also very careful to guard the security and privacy of data from the national priorities down to individuals. From cloud capability to user experience prioritization, our ability to effectively and intuitively distribute data to our customer’s results in high mission performance and ensures end-user satisfaction.