Intelligence information has exceeded the ability to be processed in a timely fashion, allowing key critical intelligence to wait until someone has time to look to see if it is important.
Northrop Grumman’s LMDS® profiler automatically routes incoming information to the right destinations. LMDS® comes with tools that allow users to integrate profiling into messaging applications. Its templates for interfacing to message input and output functions can be adapted to any source or recipient, as needed. LMDS® has earned a reputation as the fastest and most precise real-time prospective query engine available.
LMDS® processes multiple text formats, structured and unstructured, from all message sources. Any portion of a message that can be logically bounded can be identified as a zone or information field. Users define their zone specifications with LMDS’s® rule-based grammar. Profile terms can be targeted to search particular zones so that a word like “Hawaii” may be of interest when it appears in the subject zone, but not when it appears in the address zone. LMDS’s® powerful capability for establishing dissemination rules, or “profiles,” includes support for four types of profiles:
- Dissemination profiles to distribute messages based upon search terms using Boolean and proximity relationships
- Restriction profiles to enforce privacy rules or security policies
- Selection profiles to direct messages to an organization’s profile libraries
- Global profiles to simplify and standardize search criteria that can be used by multiple profiles.
Real-time LMDS® dissemination is distinguished by a comprehensive profile language, dynamic activation and deactivation of profiles and sophisticated identification of searchable zones, or subsections, in any textual message format. LMDS® has many major features:
- Adaptability. Can be tailored to recognize any language and character set, including binary and control characters.
- Flexibility. Accepts messages from multiple sources and routes them to multiple destinations.
- Accuracy. Zoning analysis and a sophisticated profile language optimize recall and precision. A term-weighting capability permits users to develop custom algorithms for scoring messages in terms of their relevance to a profile.
- Cost-Effectiveness. Requires no specialized hardware.
- Interoperability and Performance. Supports standard communications protocols and uses Northrop Grumman’s proprietary implementation of the least frequent trigraph (LFT) algorithm to optimize the speed of matching profiles with incoming messages.
- Profiling Capabilities. Profiles can be very simple or can contain as many as 1,000 search terms of up to 256 characters each. Features the full range of Boolean operators, wildcards, proximity operators, context restrictors and the ability to search for one or many term strings in selected zones.
- Format Conversion. Converts any input message format to any other text format for output.
- Operating System. Runs on Solaris 8/10, Windows, Linux and can be adapted to other Unix environments.
- Key words, phrases or quoted strings
- Wildcards for characters or words
- Case-sensitivity option
- Up to 1,000 search-term values per profile
- 256 characters per term value
- 8-bit foreign alphabet support
- Search attachments for text, based upon text-extraction tool support.
- Input from any transport method or format, based upon customized message input template.
- Disseminate using any transport method or format, based upon customized message output template.