Northrop Grumman’s MOSA-C™ is a strategic business and engineering process for achieving the life cycle benefits of open systems architecture and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components and software.
Too often, open system architectures have not lived up to their cost-saving potential. COTS vendor “lock-in” can limit opportunities for competition or refresh.
Some integrators wrap COTS products with proprietary or custom software and hardware, leading to a restricted open system. These limitations drive up costs.
MOSA-C™ changes this with a vendor- and product-neutral process that establishes an enabling environment for developing complex, cyber-hardened C2 systems. This proven process:
- Maps to the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition process
- Expands on the DOD and commercial principles of modular open systems architecture
- Provides an enduring open architecture that takes full advantage of commercial technology investment and maximizes the use of COTS products
- Facilitates tech refreshes and enables rapid insertion of cutting-edge technology at the lowest possible cost
- Keeps competition alive in all program phases and reduces total ownership costs