Part of the PASS family of interactive ELINT tools, Northrop Grumman’s Spectrum Analyzer Software System (SASS) is an advanced software spectrum analyzer display. A low-cost alternative to traditional analog spectrum analysis equipment, SASS collects and converts IF data to digital samples, calculating and displaying the power spectral density (PSD).
An all-digital signal processing system, SASS can run on any commercial workstation or laptop running LINUX or Solaris software.
- Real-time sample data collection. Conversion of analog IF input to digital samples
- Real-time spectral analysis display. Similar to a commercial, analog spectrum analyzer with all-software PSD calculation. Decimation and PSD averaging keeps up with real-time data rates.
- Falling Spectral Waterfall Display. Displays PSD as a function of time, colored by amplitude.
- Persistance PSD display. Emulates phosphorus decay of an analog scope display. Signal PSDs persist on display for a noticeable time period.
- Interactive parameter measurement:
- Signal frequency, amplitude and bandwidth
- Sidelobe power deltas
- Variable FFT sizes to 65K
- Continuous PSD display with step mode option. Steps through PSDs individually for fine grain measurements.
- Collection bandwidths to 80 MHz
- Works in conjunction with PASS or ITAS. Provides additional analyst screening displays.