Here's a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Step 1: Search for open positions, create a profile, and apply. You can create your profile when you first visit the site or when you apply for a specific position. The Candidate Self-Service Portal within your profile lets you check the status of your applications. Click on the My Job Page tab at the top to review your submission status.
- Step 2: Recruiter Screen. Your online submission has been received. An HR Representative will contact you if you're a match for the position. Your information is now available to all recruiters in the company.
- Step 3: Under consideration by recruiter. Your application is under detailed review by the recruiter.
- Step 4: Under consideration by hiring manager. Your application has been sent to the hiring department for review. Hiring managers will select candidates for an interview.
- Step 5: Interview. The interview process is in progress. A representative will contact you to schedule your interview.
- Step 6: Interview pending feedback. Your interview is complete and pending feedback from the hiring department.
- Step 7: Offer discussions. Discussions about this opportunity with Northrop Grumman are in progress. A representative will contact you to discuss your offer.
- Step 8: Offer accepted. You have accepted an offer and will be contacted by a Northrop Grumman representative with details. (If you have declined an offer for this position, your status will state: candidate offer declined. If this is an error, please contact your recruiter.)
- Step 9: Pre-employment processing. Your pre-employment processing is in progress. Subsequent communications will be made as more information becomes available.
- Step 10: Hired. Congratulations on your new career at Northrop Grumman! Please contact your HR Business Partner or Recruiter if you need any assistance.
If you notice your status says no longer under consideration, there may be other opportunities in the future, so please continue to view our openings. In most scenarios, you will be contacted by a Northrop Grumman representative with details.
If you see that your status says candidate withdrew, you have opted to withdraw from consideration for this position. If this is an error, contact our support desk: CareerAdmin@ngc.com.
Remember that these steps take time to complete, so please be patient.
Students & New Grads: When checking the status of your application in the “My Jobs” tab of your profile, you may see an unfamiliar job posting listed that you did not apply for. This indicates that our recruiters have matched your profile to a specific need at one of our business sectors and that you will subsequently be evaluated for that position. If you are not interested in the position, you may withdraw from consideration at any point. Any job matching a recruiter does on your behalf does not discontinue you being considered for any jobs you already applied for, nor does it mean that you should not apply for jobs on your own.