Operation IMPACT (Injured Military Pursuing Assisted Career Transition) is a unique recruitment program that provides personalized assistance to severely injured service members transitioning from military service in identifying potential career opportunities. Should a service member be unable to work due to the severity of his/her injuries, the same support will be extended to a member of his/her immediate family who may be seeking employment. Widows and widowers of service members who have paid the ultimate sacrifice during Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and/or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) are also eligible for support under Operation IMPACT. If support is provided to a family member and the service member becomes able to work, support will then be extended to him/her.
Personalized career transition support through Operation IMPACT is provided to the most severely wounded service members transitioning from military service to their next career opportunity. In order to receive career transition services through Operation IMPACT, candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be transitioning from military service;
2. Suffer from injuries or illnesses incurred while deployed in overseas contingency operations supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and/or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) since September 11, 2001;
3. Receive, or expect to receive, a physical disability rating of 30% or greater in at least one of the specific categories listed below that substantially affect a major life function, or receive, or expect to receive, a combined rating equal to or greater than 50% for any other combat or combat related condition:
- Blindness/loss of vision
- Deafness/hearing loss
- Fatal/incurable disease
- Loss of limb
- Permanent disfigurement
- Post traumatic stress
- Severe burns
- Spinal cord injury/paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury
- Any other condition requiring extensive hospitalizations or multiple surgeries
If you or a family member meets the above criteria, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-395-2361 for information on next steps.
If you do not meet the above criteria, we encourage you to visit the Military Veteran page on Northrop Grumman's Careers website.