A scholarship program for high school seniors interested in pursuing engineering careers
This scholarship program helps support promising high school seniors who intend to pursue a career in an approved engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics program and who live in communities where Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems has a major presence.
Northrop Grumman will award multiple $10,000* scholarships to qualified high school seniors in:
One scholarship in each of Maryland's 23 counties and one in the city of Baltimore;
Two scholarships in each of the following locations:
- California (Woodland Hills campus) – Antelope, Conejo, San Fernando, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita Valley or Ventura County
- California (Sunnyvale campus) – Alameda or Santa Clara County
- Florida – Orange or Seminole County
- Illinois – Arlington Heights, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Hoffman Estates, Inverness or Mount Prospect
- New York – Erie or Niagara County
- Ohio – Butler, Clermont, Hamilton or Warren County
- Utah – Davis, Salt Lake, Weber or Utah County
- Virginia – Albemarle County
What are the eligibility requirements?
Initial application requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a resident in one of the counties or communities mentioned above
- Must be a graduating senior of a public or accredited private high school in sponsoring location
- Must plan to attend an accredited college or university as a full-time student in an approved engineering, computer
science, mathematics or physics program
- Must have a minimum composite SAT score of 1700 or ACT score of 27
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (un-weighted) 9-12
Ongoing application requirements
- Recipient must remain in an accredited four year college or university as a full-time student in an approved engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics program
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Annual renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study (12 credits minimum)
- Recipients are required to notify Northrop Grumman of any changes in contact information or school enrollment, and must provide a complete official transcript when requested
- Recipients are required to accept summer internships two out of three summers, contingent upon job availability. If a summer internship is offered and the scholarship recipient does not accept it, the remaining scholarship funds may be forfeited. If no internship positions are available, recipients will not forfeit the scholarship.
- Recipients of any other Northrop Grumman scholarships are not eligible.
If you would like more information, or have problems with this website, you may contact us by email at email@example.com.
* Divided into $2,500 increments over four years; ongoing eligibility requirements apply.