The Northrop Grumman Foundation does not accept unsolicited requests for funding.
The Foundation contributes to organizations defined as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. Funded initiatives address education related programs that promote the advancement of science, technology, engineering and math on a national level.
The Foundation will not consider funding the following requests:
- Fundraising events such as raffles, walk-a-thons, banquets or dinners
- Campus student organizations, fraternities, sororities, honor societies
- Religious schools or colleges whose primary focus is to promote religious beliefs
- Athletic teams, support organizations
- Advertising or underwriting expenses
- Capital Campaigns
- Choirs, bands or drill teams
How to Submit a Request for a Financial Contribution
If you believe your program is a good match for Northrop Grumman Foundation funding, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a time to meet to discuss your program. Your email should include a brief summary of both your organization and the project that would be supported. Once you have received approval for funding from our Foundation staff, a grant request must be submitted using our web site. An access code is necessary in order to enter the site and submit the request. When you apply for a grant, you will be asked to enter the organization’s Tax Exempt Number, which will be automatically validated with the IRS database. You also will be required to include the following information in your application.
- Non-profit or institution contact name, title, address phone number, fax number.
- Brief history of the organization, mission statement, goals and objectives.
- Type and scope of services offered and how your program reaches a national audience.
- Specific details as to how requested funds would be used to impact STEM education nationally.
- Project budget and amount requested.
- Demographic impact.
- Current operating budget including latest financial statement.
- List of other corporate funders.
- List of directors and/or officers, and their affiliations.
- Northrop Grumman employee sponsor, if applicable (name and phone number).
- Contact information