At Northrop Grumman, corporate responsibility is at the core of our business and operating strategies. Company policies, practices and procedures reflect a strong commitment to human rights as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This commitment extends beyond the work environment to the global communities where we live, work and serve. The company recognizes that our global operations are conducted amid a diversity of cultures and environments.
The company’s commitment to human rights is grounded in Northrop Grumman core values, which are the foundation on which we conduct business. Northrop Grumman’s core values are: taking responsibility for the quality we put forth; delivering customer satisfaction and demonstrating leadership as a company and as individuals; acting with integrity in all we do; valuing our people; and regarding our suppliers as essential team members. These values are set forth in our Standards of Business Conduct.
- The company treats employees, suppliers, customers and competitors with dignity and respect. The company does not tolerate any discrimination in employment based on an individual’s protected status. This includes maintaining a work environment free from harassment and retaliation.
- The company respects the rights of employees to form, join, or not join labor unions. This includes the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- All company employees have the right to fair working conditions, competitive wages and reasonable working hours. Northrop Grumman does not tolerate the use of child labor, forced labor, bonded labor, or human trafficking.
- Northrop Grumman is committed to the highest standards of ethical and business conduct as it relates to the procurement of goods and services. The company expects suppliers to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the values set forth in our Standards of Business Conduct.
- Operations are conducted in a manner that protects the health and safety of company employees, contractors, and visitors.
- The company actively works to protect the environment and support our communities in a manner that is environmentally responsible. In particular, Northrop Grumman is committed to reducing greenhouse gases and solid waste generation and water use.
- Northrop Grumman contributes to the well-being of the communities in which we live, work, and serve, through our support of charitable causes.
The company is dedicated to integrity in all we do and to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This policy statement is implemented in accordance with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements of the United States and other countries in which the company operates. Northrop Grumman also encourages the partners and suppliers in our worldwide supply chain to adopt and enforce concepts similar to those in this policy.
Employees who believe there may have been a violation of this policy should report it through established channels, including to their supervisor, Business Conduct Officer, the Law Department or Human Resources, or the OpenLine. Northrop Grumman does not tolerate retaliatory action against anyone who comes forward to raise genuine concerns about possible violations of this policy. Northrop Grumman will periodically review this policy to determine whether revisions are appropriate. Revisions will be promptly published on Northrop Grumman's website.