Northrop Grumman is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Director of Mission Solutions and provide additional support to the Director of Sierra Programs in the Special Defense SBU at Undersea Systems in Annapolis, MD.
This is an exciting, dynamic environment at the cutting edge of business in the high technology defense industry. The successful candidate will work well in a highly dynamic environment, be an independent thinker, be customer oriented, be proactive and have a track record of working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment with a high daily workload supporting multiple managers, employees, and priorities as required. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism, a high level of discretion and confidentiality, the ability to interact with internal and external customers as well as senior management, be able to organize and prioritize tasks with minimum supervision, and possess strong office management and office technology skills. The candidate must be reliable, resourceful, work accurately and independently and with an ability to anticipate, initiate and follow through with all work requirements, and be able to work extended hours as needed.
This position coordinates business meetings, arranges, maintains, and modifies the Directors schedule and associated departmental activities, handles confidential business matters and maintains effective and efficient organization of administrative requirements. This position will be responsible for administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors including customers and other contractors, arranging conference calls or VTCs, transferring data between networks, handling information requests, coordinating VIP visits, preparing and adjusting travel arrangements and completing expense reports, customer interface and generally acting and making decisions in alignment with the Directors leadership. Additional responsibilities include coordination of staff meetings, answering telephones, screening calls and forwarding messages and maintaining a filing system. In addition, the assistant will be called upon to provide some administrative support for programs that report to the Director.
Candidate will use Microsoft Office to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents. Candidate will use Concur to make travel arrangements and process expense reports.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Making travel arrangements and completing expense reports
- Managing calendars
- Answering incoming calls and responding to general requests
- Scheduling meetings and arranging conference rooms and video/audio
- Editing and updating presentations and documents
- Collaborating with administrative professionals in related organizations
- Organizing and arranging major organization events
- Organizing catering, audio/ video, and other essential services as needed
- Developing and maintaining organization charts
- Ordering office supplies, computers, and telephones
- Assisting in maintaining organization's collaboration sites
- Answering questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures
- Moving data between program networks.