NG Navigation and Positioning Systems, a premier supplier of high precision navigation and inertial measurement sensors for multi-domain military and commercial applications, is looking for a key contributor to grow its presence in Assured Positioning, Navigation and Timing (A-PNT) through new relationships with existing customers as well as expanding its capabilities on both new and existing systems across all domains. This position will report to Woodland Hills but its expected to be located in the Washington, D.C. area to be close to customers, other NG facilities and organizations and will support multiple NMSD business units.
As manager for Business Development for the Navigation and Maritime Systems Division, this candidate will have responsibility to:
- Lead the A-PNT campaign activities for Navigation and Positioning Systems through a thorough understanding of A-PNT related technologies and application of those technologies to achieve customer objectives.
- Work with the Navigation and Maritime Systems Division (NMSD) Business Units (BU) and across all NG Sectors to understand their current and future program needs to establish how A-PNT can support their pursuits
- Work with DoD requirements, program and acquisition organizations of interest to the Navigation and Maritime Systems Division to educate them on what our capabilities are and how we can help them apply hardware and software solutions in support of their current and future program needs.
- Ensure the DoD customer requirements for programs across the NMSD customer base for current and future systems are understood and communicated to all NMSD sites with interest in A-PNT.
- Identify and implement business development projects relating to new products and/or industries, technologies, or services
- Identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of product development
- Perform economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities and/or business models and coordinates with internal departments in identifying/implementing business development projects
- Work with engineering staff and potential customers to determine their needs
- Develop and disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- Knowledge of the Program Planning Budget System (PPBS), the budget cycle, and proposal development
- A minimum of 10 years experience with 5 years in Business Development, Marketing and Sales
- In-depth knowledge of DoD acquisition and budgeting processes for all branches of service
- Direct experience and relationships from working with DoD requirements organizations
- Selected applicant must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- MA/MS Degree in Engineering, or Financial Management/MBA
- Previous experience in governmental and legislative affairs either within the DoD or in industry
- Experience in navigation, positioning and navigation threat issues in multi-domain environments
- Working knowledge of and experience with Congress, OSD, and the military services
- 10-15 years in acquisition program management or operating experience in DoD related programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.