Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst to join our team of qualified diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK. The qualified applicant will become part of a Northrop Grumman team of professionals who are actively supporting computer operations for an avionics test and development laboratory.
You will work in classified operations supporting a large variety of computing systems, requiring a wide range of solutions to solve technical problems in support of Department of Defense programs. The successful candidate will ensure optimal operation of systems, ensure updates are applied in a timely manner, and work with other computer engineering and software development teams to resolve technical issues.
- Systems administration of multiple operating systems including Windows Servers and Workstations, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, VMS, Unix and other computing systems in accordance with DoD policies and procedures; to include installation, configuration, and audit analysis.
- Perform daily backup and restore administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring functions.
- Apply hardening configurations in conformance with JSIG v4
- Analyze, install, and test enterprise-wide systems for both new and existing systems.
- Develop requirements, workflow and systems analysis in order to meet customers functional specifications.
- Utilizing systems analysis techniques to determine root cause analysis of systems failures or to correct deficiencies in operations
- Independently determine appropriate course of action to provide, improve or restore systems functionality, and recommend/request procurement of hardware and/or software solutions when necessary
- Correct errors, prepare operating instructions and analyze system capabilities.
- Design prototypical systems based on customer and lab requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of computer support experience in an enterprise environment or 0 years with Masters.
- In lieu of a Bachelors degree, a current A+ certification or a Windows and/or RHEL OS certification plus total of 6 or more years of computer support experience in an enterprise environment supporting Windows and/or Linux desktops may be considered
- Must be able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ Certification to meet DoD 8570 requirements within 2 months of hire date.
- Current Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain additional program clearances.
- Experience managing and implementing EMC Networker
- One or more years advanced experience with Windows system and server administration, configuration, and optimization
- Experience with legacy UNIX OS such as Tru64, Solaris, HP-UX and others
- Experience managing and implementing virtual environments
- Windows and Red Hat Linux certifications
- Knowledge and experience with RMF/JSIG and DoD STIGs
- Expertise with networking concepts and experience with setting up and troubleshooting Extreme and Cisco networking equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.