Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Field Technician Flyaway to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is a traveling position within the US. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Services Biohazard Detection System Group.
The applicant will provide field maintenance support to an electro-mechanical system nation-wide in our Customer's facilities. In addition to providing regular weekly field maintenance, the position requires weekly continuous travel (100%
travel) and requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Designated focal point and liaison between site personnel and Northrop Grumman headquarters.
- Maintaining Cabinets and Site Controllers for weekly scheduled maintenance.
- Providing electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to installed equipment.
- Maintaining maintenance logbooks.
- Providing status and update worksheets through website interface.
-Providing corrective maintenance with a 24 hour response time and 48 hour correction time for customer generated issues.
- Completing spreadsheet and word processing reports.
- Downloading/uploading files and software patches.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and flexibility
- Prior to assuming maintenance responsibilities, you are required to complete the full BDS maintenance certification training program. In addition, every two years you will complete a refresher training program on new and existing processes and procedures. Your employment is contingent on successfully completing these programs