Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Network Communications Specialist/Principal Communications Specialist (WAN Edge) who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
This position may require from 10% to 20% travel to various domestic customer locations.
Description of Work:
- Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design for large multi-data center enterprise network with over 1,700 remote locations.
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
- Architect wide area networks, tracks significant problems, monitors performance, and provide upgrades recommendation to hardware and software as required.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Develop uniform operation procedures to maintain and update configuration and operating system of the networking equipment.
- Works under consultative direction with the customer and peer toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.