Northrop Grumman’s Leadership in Developing and Modernizing the GBSD Program
Northrop Grumman has been the technical and systems integrator for the United States’ Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) development efforts since 1954. The company has been central to the U.S. government’s efforts to pull together various agencies and contractors to manage upgrades to the entire weapon system.
The U.S. Air Force will be provided an affordable, total-system approach to modernizing the ICBM force under the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent program through Northrop Grumman’s unique qualifications.
Based upon an affordable and comprehensive systems integration approach, the company will provide nuclear certifiable flight systems, launch systems, command and control communications, operations and sustainment capabilities that will deliver a vital 21st century nuclear deterrent for the United States.
Total Weapon System Knowledge
- Secure communications and command and control
- Launch Facilities and Launch Control Centers
- Weapon system, propulsion, guidance, structure, re-entry vehicles, nuclear payloads
U.S. Air Force’s Strategic System Provider
- Prime contractor for sustainment and modernization of the Minuteman system from 1998-2015
- Currently leading the largest Minuteman III subsystem sustainment contract