Northrop Grumman Corporation is highlighting key Naval aviation capabilities and programs during 2016 Sea-Air-Space, the largest maritime exposition in the U.S., taking place May 16-18 at the Gaylord National Convention Center, National Harbor, Md.
In its booth, #2105, the company is featuring some of the game changing technologies that are helping the U.S. Navy and its allies maintain global maritime superiority, including:
- AQS-24 Minehunter: The only deployed and operationally proven, high-speed airborne mine hunting system available – provides high-resolution, side scan sonar for real-time detection, localization and classification of bottom and moored mines at high coverage areas.
- E-2D Advanced Hawkeye: The multi-mission E-2D is the U.S. Navy’s primary Airborne Early Warning & Command and Control (AEW&C) platform and the most advanced AEW&C mission system ever developed and deployed by the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). The platform recently completed its first operational deployment with the VAW-125 Tigertails squadron.
- MQ-4C Triton: An unmanned aircraft system that provides real-time intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance over vast ocean and coastal regions.
- MQ-8C Fire Scout: A combat proven, unmanned helicopter system that provides real-time intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance target-acquisition.
- X-47B UCAS-D: A tailless, strike fighter-sized unmanned aircraft which has achieved many firsts – carrier-based launches and recoveries by an autonomous low observable unmanned aircraft and the first ever Autonomous Aerial Refueling of an unmanned aircraft.
Whether we are building the most advanced, capable airborne early warning aircraft in the world, an airborne communications node or a lightweight, but extremely precise, radar, Northrop Grumman is proud to contribute to the success of the U.S. Navy.