If you have friends or family who you think would be assets to the company, we want to meet them.
From here, you'll have two options. A quick reference guide is available to walk you through each of these options.
You can search for a specific job that matches your referral’s experience and submit them for that particular role. You can choose "submit a friend’s profile" to submit a general referral.
The person you referred will receive an email with instructions on how they can log in and confirm their interest for consideration.
That’s how simple it is to make referrals, earn rewards, and power our progress.
We've worked hard to make our PeoplePlus+ ERAP as easy to use as possible. So if you'd like to delve deeper, you'll find detailed information on this page. And if you have further questions, you're always welcome to contact us.
Enterprise Employee Referral Award Program Policy
Northrop Grumman rewards eligible employees for referring qualified candidates who are subsequently hired for a referral-eligible position within the company. Employees are required to submit referrals through the Careers website. If an employee does not have access to the Internet or available kiosks, a Recruiter or PeoplePlus+ ERAP administrator can assist with the submittal on the employee's behalf.
Candidate referrals submitted through the PeoplePlus+ ERAP are maintained in the Northrop Grumman Applicant Tracking System.
- Each company element determines which of its positions will qualify for an employee referral award.
- Requisitions eligible for a referral award will be identified on the Careers website—look for “Referral Bonus Eligible: Yes” on the job listing.
- Referral bonus amounts associated with posted positions are determined by the company element that approves and opens the associated requisition.
- Company elements have the option to display referral bonus amounts within the internal requisition description.
All Northrop Grumman employees are eligible for this program with the exception of:
- Corporate Policy Council members and individuals participating in the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP). Eligibility requirements may vary between company elements. For questions regarding eligibility, employees should contact the cognizant ERAP Administrator. See CO No. H212, Annual Incentive Plan, for more information.
- Managers or individuals involved in the hiring process or hiring decision for the job seeker.
- Summer hires, interns, casual employees, and other temporary employees.
- Employees whose referrals were identified through their participation in recruiting programs (e.g. job fairs, college recruiting events).
- Employees who work within any Northrop Grumman Human Resources and Administration department.
- Employees who terminate from Northrop Grumman prior to the time of award payout, with exceptions as indicated under Award Eligibility.
- Employees who are specifically prohibited from participation in the Employee Referral Award Program as a result of any labor agreements or other such circumstances.
The following candidate referrals are not considered eligible for the program:
- Referrals previously submitted by another employee within the last 12 months.
- Referrals of temporary agency or contract employees who worked for Northrop Grumman within the past 12 months.
- Referrals of former employees who worked for Northrop Grumman within the last 12 months, or currently work for Northrop Grumman in the following categories:
- Temporary employee
- Full-time employee
- Part-time employee
- Both the employee and the referred candidate must be active employees of Northrop Grumman at the time of award payout. Exceptions include referring employees who left active payroll after referring candidate due to the following:
- Medical leave of absence
- Military leave of absence
- Educational leave
- Reduction in force
- Recruiting activity must have been initiated within one year from date of submittal. Note: If a candidate is already in the ATS (candidate database) and is hired due to any action/activity that took place prior to being referred, the bonus award is not applicable even if the hire takes place during the one-year ownership period.
- There is no limit to the number of employee referral awards earned.
- Employees are eligible for referral awards offered by any Northrop Grumman Sector.
- Payment processing is initiated by the hiring company element's PeoplePlus+ ERAP administrator upon hire of the candidate once all eligibility requirements have been verified.
- If a company element runs a special PeoplePlus+ ERAP campaign offering non-monetary awards, processing of such awards will be in accordance with the guidelines of the campaign.
- An employee remains eligible for the referral for a period of 12 months from the date of submittal.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals that an employee may submit.
All PeoplePlus+ ERAP eligibility requirements are verified upon hire of the referred candidate. In the event of a dispute, Talent Acquisition reserves the right to determine award eligibility.
Where do I submit referrals?
Log into the employee careers site. If you are currently connected to the Northrop Grumman Network, click here. Search for jobs that match the skills of your referral. Open the job details and look for the “Refer a Friend” link on the right side of the page. Select this link and follow the instructions. Note: Once you submit your referral to one job, you may submit the same referral to other jobs using the same process.
The employee careers site requires a user name and password. What is my user name and password?
User names are set up for those employees who have an e-mail address registered in CHR. To quickly find your user name, select “Forgot User Name” from the login page. To set up your password, select “Forgot Your Password” and follow the instructions to set up your personalized password.
From a Northrop Grumman location, I was able to enter the employee career site without providing a user name and password. But when I went home, I was required to use a user name and password. Why?
When you’re at a Northrop Grumman facility or working remotely logged into the Northrop Grumman network, the employee career site uses single sign-on technology to automatically log you in. When working outside the Northrop Grumman network, you need to provide a user name and password.
How do I know if I am connected to the Northrop Grumman network?
Open your browser and go to the company intranet home page at http://home.northgrum.com/. If you can view this web page, you are connected to the Northrop Grumman network.
I have not been issued a Northrop Grumman e-mail address. How do I access the career site?
If you work on a program that uses an alternate e-mail address (e.g., *.mil or *.gov) and Northrop Grumman has this e-mail on file, you should be able to find your user name and set up your password using that e-mail address. If you are unsure if Northrop Grumman has your program e-mail on file, please call: 855 SERVE NG (855-737-8364).
If you do not use e-mail in your job, you will need to set up your own user name and password by selecting “create profile” from the employee career site login page.
I submitted my referral resume and received a confirmation. What happens next?
A notification is sent to your referral’s e-mail asking them to update their profile in the system. If you submitted your referral for a specific job, they will also be asked to complete the application for that job. If your referral is hired and you both meet the eligibility requirements for the program, then you will be notified that your bonus award is being processed.
If a referral has three e-mail addresses, gives his resume to two employees, and submits his resume himself online using a different e-mail address in each case, does anyone get a referral bonus?
Whoever referred the first resume into the system for John Doe would be eligible for the referral. If John Doe had submitted on his own, prior to the referral, the first person who made the referral is still considered for an award. The date on the referral confirmation notification will be referenced to verify who first submitted the referral.
Do I need to refer someone for every job for which they are qualified?
No. You only need to submit a candidate once, but you will give your referral greater visibility if you submit their resume for multiple jobs matching their qualifications.
How do I know if my referral has been viewed by a recruiter?
Once you have submitted your referral, you can view the status from within your employee profile under the “Referrals” tab. Please note: Referrals submitted directly for a specific job have a much better chance of being viewed by recruiters
What if I refer a candidate and they have already applied through another source (e.g. job fair, Horizons/Careers)? Will I receive an award?
A candidate who has already applied on their own can be referred as long as they are not under the ownership of another employee. You will be eligible for an award on eligible jobs for any recruiting activity that is initiated during the 12-month period following your submittal.
Can I submit a resume directly to my manager for an opening within my department?
Referrals must be submitted through the Careers website to be eligible for award.
If my referral is hired by another sector, am I still eligible for the award?
Yes, the Referral Program works across sectors. You will be eligible for the award if there is a bonus attached.
How long is my referral valid?
Referrals are valid for one year from the date received in the system.
What do I get if my referral is hired?
If the job has a specified referral award, you will be compensated. Not all jobs have an award offered. Employees can see if a job offers a bonus by reviewing the job details on the Career Job Listing. Please refer to the Sector Bonus Guidelines for more information.
How and when do I receive my award?
Payment processing begins upon hire after all eligibility requirements have been verified. Your award will be included in your paycheck after the processing is complete
I received a confirmation that I will receive my award soon, but when does it come?
Depending on the date your referral is processed, your award payment will be included in your paycheck. The exact timing depends on when payroll receives the payment paperwork and your sector payroll schedule.
I received a confirmation that I will receive my award soon, but it has been two pay periods and I have not seen the award in my paycheck. What do I do?
Contact your PeoplePlus+ ERAP Administrator.
If I receive an award, do I have to pay taxes on it?
Yes. All awards are subject to tax withholdings and any other applicable deductions.
Corporate Office & Enterprise Shared Services