Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking National Cyber and Intelligence Solutions BD Managers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. These positions are located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence developing and managing business opportunities, and growing top line business, within the National Cyber and Intelligence market and directly supporting the Maryland Procurement Office (MPO) customer. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems, Cyber & Intelligence Mission Solutions Division Business Development team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all business development activities associated with the qualification, pursuit, and bid of MPO new business opportunities as assigned by the NSS BD Director and NSS BU OU Directors
- Perform business development activities across all phases of the Northrop Grumman Business Acquisition Process (BAP), leading to opportunity qualification, pursuit, and bid
- Identify key MPO customer contacts, budgets, procurement/technical requirements, investment needs, applicability of NGMS capabilities & technology, and NGMS discriminators
- Identify and maintain active liaison with all MPO customers associated with individual opportunities; perform ongoing assessments of requirements and customer value analysis.
- Manage and maintain the opportunity pipeline for the NSS BU OUs, to include resource planning and tracking
- Work with key personnel within the Operating Units to develop notional solutions and high level win strategies for business pursuits and captures that S/he is leading, as well as support and lead efforts to meet AOP commitments for NSS BU OUs.
- Work closely with the NSS BU MPO Account Managers, Capture Managers, line leadership, and Division resources to ensure all required marketing intelligence is factored into capture strategies and tactics leading to contract wins
- Perform ongoing assessments of MPO industry competitors, analyze their bidding strategies and tactics, and identify competitor strengths & weakness relative to specific opportunities
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Engineering, Business, or Computer Science or related field; advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years experience of successful business development, program management, or engineering expertise supporting the US DoD and/or US Intelligence Community (IC)
- A solid understanding of the DoD and/or US IC vision, strategy, and organizations. Knowledge and understanding of the US DoD acquisition process and cycle is preferred.
- Familiarity with key NSS BU customers, influencers, and decision makers preferred
- Understanding of and experience bidding and winning in the DoD and/or US IC marketplace
- Demonstrated experience identifying, qualifying, and winning $10-$100M+ opportunities
- Well versed in the DoD and/or US IC industry, and the competitive landscape
- Ability to align Northrop Grumman capabilities with winning solutions to help customers meet their mission objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, and a strong sales/marketing presence. Candidate must be able to clearly present ideas to senior management, line management, and customers.
- Position requires a current Top Secret (TS)/SCI Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.