Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mgr Programs 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Annapolis, MD.
The Undersea Systems business unit is the center of excellence for complex, unmanned systems and solutions across the maritime environment. The business unit is seeking candidates for a Program Manager, Special Defense Operating Unit (OU).
Program Manager (PM) responsibilities include day-to-day program execution. This position requires a leader who has demonstrated his/her ability to manage program execution, shape customer needs, and establish and develop existing and new customer relationships in this domain area. A successful candidate will be able lead a geographically diverse cross-functional team. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for allocation of program space, execution of program security requirements, promoting professional development of program personnel, and ensuring the rigor of program execution. The selected candidate must be perceived as a thought leader by peers and the customer community.
Additional responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
- Support of the daily execution of Special Defense programs.
- Lead the assigned program activities supporting the programs strategy development, budget and cost management, proposal development, product acquisition and delivery activities thereby ensuring timely and cost effective delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct briefings and technical meetings for customers and corporate management.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules. Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, support, and administrative areas.
- Interact with equivalent-level managers concerning matters of significance to the company.
- Be a manager/leader whose decisions affect the financial, employee, or public relations perception.
- Be accountable for results that impact the performance of the mission and success of the programs objectives.
- Be responsible for the successful operation of program objectives and activities.
- Be responsible for overall program budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Direct and control the activities of program activities through IPT leads.
- Coordinate development and tracking of progress against integrated master schedule.
- Coordinate activities of Logistics, Production, Engineering, Test, and Supply Chain to ensure on-time and within budget delivery of mission capabilities including hardware and software.
The successful candidate will also possess strong people-leadership skills with the ability to:
- Execute challenging assignments.
- Help employees connect their efforts to the bigger strategic business picture.
- Create an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences.
- Build a culture that balances caring and accountability and motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
Demonstrate strategic and market development and business development leadership.
Exhibit strong public speaking, facilitation, planning, and execution skills.