Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Business Development Manager for Advanced Programs to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD.
Reporting to the Advanced Ground Sensor (AGS) Director of Business Development within Strategy & Business Development, the individual will identify, prioritize, and lead the efforts that mature sensor technologies relevant to both new AGS system/missions and enhancement of existing AGS systems/missions, domestically and internationally. Programs of interest include CRADAs, Mission Engineering and Mod/Sim opportunities, and advanced technology opportunities.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
The individual selected will be responsible for the identification, prioritization, and development of new capability opportunities for AGS systems and their integration and operation within target customers operational requirements and development and maturation of contact plans with relevant customer organizations including multiple DoD laboratories and influencers to develop new AGS business opportunities, both international and domestic.
The individual is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for identifying and maturing capture targets and effectively marketing the AGS business units products and capabilities to meet customer needs, thereby, translating business opportunities into contact plans, strategic win themes, and supporting capture teams and wins.
The individual will collaborate closely with a team of business developers and other team members including the Mission Systems Engineering Science and Technology and NG Innovation Systems staff, additional staff in the Northrop Grumman Corporation, primes, teammates and subcontractors to develop and implement win strategies, compliant with Northrop Grummans Business Acquisition Process (BAP) and as needed the International Business acquisition process (iBAP).
15% of domestic and international travel required.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION
- Bachelors degree with 7 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge in interfacing with USG advanced technology and development organizations and agencies such as: DARPA, AFRL, SCO, ARL, warfighting labs, etc.
- An understanding of DoD and Service-specific requirements, acquisition processes, and organizations.
- Candidate should have experience in the establishment of new customer relationships with the objective of identifying customer needs and technology roadmaps to establish new opportunities for market/business expansion.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally 15% of the time.
- Current, active DOD Secret level clearance.
- Masters of Science Degree.
- Current DOD Secret or TS clearance
- 5 years demonstrated direct or related experience in radio frequency technology is required.
- Experience in requirements development, program management, and acquisition is desired.
- Knowledge of operational requirements development, including but not limited to: kill-chain and mission analysis, service experimentation efforts and agencies, and labs/range efforts and capabilities
- Detailed knowledge of the USG Service organization, needs, and procedures.
- An understanding of the DoD JCIDS/JROC process and PPBES.
- Knowledge of the Northrop Grumman AGS programs including G/ATOR, HAMMR, TPS-78, etc., and knowledge/experience in operational concepts.
- A detailed knowledge of the Congressional budget approval process for DoD programs.
- Direct or related experience in ground based radars or radar technology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.