At Northrop Grumman, innovation isnt just an idea - its a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer 3 to become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Assurance organization as part of the Supplier Quality Field Operations team. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD. This location works a 9/80 schedule.
Position will travel an estimated 75%. Travel is conducted during the work week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Specification Compliance Reviews, First Article Inspections per (AS9102 or equivalent) and Source inspections.
- Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure the supplier's processes are robust and capable.
- Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well and their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products on time
- Lead Supplier performance management by analyzing performance data, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Preventing/Minimizing business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
- Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
- Be able to analyze and present data to all levels of leadership
- Provide project management guidance and support to projects and processes
- Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
Meet one of our QME leaders at https://secure.sparcstart.com/job/2792 !
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical discipline.
5+ years relevant experience in Quality, Manufacturing or Design engineering
Working experience with suppliers or machine shops
Knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100 requirements
Must be able to travel up to 75% of the Time
In-depth GD&T experience
Experience with Additive Manufacturing
Experience using basic inspection tools
Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate skill to lead teams and projects
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications
- Knowledge of statistical process control, auditing to ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements
- Understanding of NADCAP certified processes, including painting, plating, finishing, coating, machining, brazing, welding and castings, and NDT methods
- Ability to understand radiographs in 2-D and 3-D
- Certified on IPC-620
- Experience with measurement analysis methods.
- PMP trained or certified
- Mechanical / Machine Shop manufacturing experience
- Fundamental experience in electrical assemblies
- Possesses current DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.