1. Maintain in working order assembly & packaging, diffusion, mask making, wafer processing, high vacuum & photo-processing equipment used in the fabricating and testing of semi-conductor wafers, chips and substrates. Review information such as manufacturers specifications, operations manuals, drawings, wirings, wring diagrams, schematics and the like. Analyze equipment performance to determine causes of malfunctions using available test equipment.
2. Perform tests on equipment where the test involves functional operation of the equipment and where specific performance values are to be measured as required. Align, adjust and time circuitry as necessary to bring within performance specifications.
3. Perform electrical, electronic, mechanical and/or hydraulic repairs which may require dismantling equipment to make necessary adjustment or repair.
4. Perform preventative maintenance according to established procedures which include such functions as changing filters and hydraulic fluids, cleaning and lubricating, tightening connections and making circuit adjustments.
5. Make specified modifications on equipment using such information as original schematics and wiring diagrams and change bulletins.
6. Prepare and submit maintenance reports and data to higher classified personnel as required.
7. Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions using algebraic formulae.