At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting a Low Observable Radome Design Engineer at our Dayton, OH location.
Job Description: Northrop Grumman is seeking talented conformal radome (RF) designers for survivable aerospace applications. This position requires individual and team focused research, design, analysis, prototyping, test validation, and manufacturing support. Prior experience with Design for Manufacturability & Affordability is preferred. Applicants will be expected to develop skills in Conformal Radome Design and Analysis for Low Observable (LO) / RCS reduction applications. Design and Analysis will include industry standard software packages, along with proprietary software tools. Regular communication with Integrated Product Team (IPT) members is expected to be successful. This position requires design validation using standard microwave test equipment (such as a network analyzer) and advanced test configurations.
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain (Requires US Citizenship)
- BS Electrical Engineering (2yrs) or MS Electrical Engineering (0yrs), Physics, or relevant degree
- Basic understanding of electromagnetic fundamentals and array theory
- Prior experience in radome design
- Basic programming experience (e.g. Matlab)
- Ability to develop product designs independently and cooperatively in a team setting, and verify those designs through prototype fabrication and testing
- Working experience with RF test equipment such as a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Problem Solver
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Willingness to learn desired capabilities
Other Desired Capabilities:
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry
- Conformal radomes for survivability applications
- Fundamentals of antenna design
- Experience with computational electromagnetics such as HFSS, FEKO, X-Patch, PMM, etc.
- Programming/task automation with Matlab, Python, Fortran, or C++
- Basic knowledge of material electrical properties
- Prior experience with active devices (semiconductors)
- Experience with advanced EM materials such as honeycomb core, loaded foams and elastomers, MAGRAM, R-Cards, Circuit Analog sheets / absorbers, and Frequency Selective Surfaces
- Familiarity with common material measurements for the extraction of electrical properties
- Experience with MIL-STD-461/462/464/810 and DO-160 requirements
- Project Leadership
Initial survey and phone interview(s) followed by on-site professional interview, including a presentation demonstrating stated capabilities. A background verification, including references supporting relevant work experience will be required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video:https://youtu.be/UpOlmJAxA9w