At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Supply Chain Planning Specialist for its Integrated Supply Chain Management Department in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Material Planner for NG Propulsion Systems Division, you will be responsible for managing the material requirements to support production at our Promontory facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates and manages purchase requisitions to ensure timely ordering of necessary materials
- Manage and control material inventory including controlling excess, insufficient, or deficient materials. This may require working with the customer, Engineering, Quality, Program Manager, Buyers, Finance, suppliers, or other external vendors
- Ensure that material requirements are available to support production schedules by working closely with production planning, buyers, and procurement quality engineers to ensure that the needed material is on time and meets necessary quality requirements through inspection, analysis, and any applicable testing
- Assist in identifying alternate and/or new materials as needed for IR&D related activities
- Identify and manage material risks
- Resolve moderate to complex material issues as necessary