With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Northrop Grumman is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other Space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Northrop Grumman Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Principle Manufacturing Analyst (OA) to provide leadership to our Nozzle Value Steam team at our Promontory campus.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Analyst (OA) is responsible for administrative assignments and implementation of improvement initiatives associated with the Nozzle Value Stream. The primary responsibility for this position is to support the Nozzle Value Stream Director, Managers and VSET Leaders in understanding and integrating actions for future demand vs. capacity planning. This strategic planning and executing role is for facility and tooling capital as well as manpower needs for the next 3 years and beyond. Also required is the Identification/support of work team members for systemic improvements needed for establishing overall manufacturing stability, and driving improvement for this key NGIS objective.
- Create and improve area tools and systems designed to support manufacturing stability and efficiency.
- Understand demand vs. capacity for the NVS, create and execute plans to support future needs.
- Analyze Operational Availability data and develop plans with support groups for readiness to execute to future demands.
- Identify opportunities for mistake proofing and create innovative solutions for Quality Improvement.
- Develop/support innovative solutions to improve and simplify work.
- Develop/support and implement process improvement initiatives. Provide coaching and support for improvement activities throughout the work center.
- Communicate effectively, initiate and drive necessary actions to completion that ensure organizational goals are accomplished.
- Develop knowledge and expertise to be considered a strategic SME for the work areas.
- Resolve functional or process related problems/issues and makes sound business decisions.
Verifiable lean manufacturing (PES) implementation experience that includes problem solving, and leading project teams to improve flow and standardize processes.
Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of supervisory/ management experience.
- Capital Budget process management, and understanding of Program timing and delegation processes
- Knowledge of Supply Chain systems with regards to overall capacity as related to performance of a Value Stream
Skills & Qualifications:
- A demonstrated commitment to Safety, and safety improvements.
- An understanding of and practical experience implementing lean manufacturing and (PES) principles.
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action implementation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Comprehend and interpret high level Program Schedules and factory schedules
BS/BA degree in Business or Technical field and 6 years related experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.