Northrop Grumman Missions Systems Sector is seeking an EHS Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Buffalo, NY site. Working in Northrop Grumman means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in.
We offer a friendly, casual work environment, great work-life balance and a 9/80 schedule that allows every other Friday off.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Reviews and interprets existing and proposed environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations to determine applicability and impact for sites. Assists with implementation of programs to comply.
- Partners with business leaders to continuously improve the culture, awareness and accountability in support of EHS programs.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of EH&S programs to ensure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Completes audits, IH sampling, ergonomic assessments, and assists in pollution prevention activities.
- Interfaces with regulatory representatives, senior management, the site EH&S Committee, and the Emergency Response, and Crisis Management teams.
- Implements EHS management systems sector- level programs and associated documentation.
Additional roles and responsibilities may include:
- Serves as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Provides timely and accurate submission of necessary reports to the company and regulatory agencies.
- Writes and updates EHS plans and procedures.
- Applies for new permits and renewals.
- Conducts audits and identifies actions necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates EHS training for employees and conducts instructor-led EHS training.
- Supports the sites environmental sustainability program.
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in industrial hygiene, engineering, environmental science, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in an EHS position.
Experience with one of the four: 1) managing various EHS compliance programs (such as hazardous waste, storm water, wastewater, air, occupational safety, etc.) based on the review and interpretation of EHS regulations; 2) experience in completing industrial hygiene assessments and sampling; 3) oversight of third party consultants/contractors; and/or 4) implementation of EHS management systems (e.g. ISO 14001, OSHA VPP).
Excellent communication and collaboration skills with all levels of an organization are a must.
Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance if needed (U.S. Citizenship required).
Master of Science (MS) degree in an environmental, health, and safety program of study, or currently enrolled in an M.S. degree program.
Certifications in environmental or health & safety related programs.
Experience with SAP and Microsoft SharePoint programs.
Computer based skills specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.