Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager with extensive experience leading very large staff augmentation efforts for restricted customers. This position requires the ability to work across multiple stakeholder groups to ensure mission success. The successful candidate will be responsible for management of functional staff focused on the staffing, retention, and training of a critical program composed of numerous subcontractors. He or she will be responsible for coordinating and collaborating with numerous subcontractors, reviewing projects staffing and skill needs, forecasting future needs and ensuring proper training is given before being required, preparing status reports, and determining and assessing project staffing issues and risks and developing resolutions to meet client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
This position will be located in the Chantilly, Virginia area and is contingent on contract award, budget, and/or customer approval. An active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph security clearance is required.
Roles and responsibilities for this position include:
- Work across all company and functional organizations to ensure that program people are valued, trained, and meeting mission needs
- Represent Northrop Grumman and the program team to the customer and to subcontracted partners in pursuit of providing timely critical support people possessing a variety of skills
- Assist Program Manager in the transition an existing program that provides staff augmentation and operational support to a restricted customer.
- Review status of staffing, retention, and training and prepare status reports.
- Develop and maintain a status dashboard that highlights staffing levels, tracks program attrition and training of all contracted talent.
- Oversee and manage all operational aspects of ongoing projects, and serve as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management and customer.
- Identify and assess project issues, and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress, and for intervention and problem solving with program manager and clients.
- Provide periodic and ad hoc status reports focused on progress, newly identified issues, closed issues, and challenges.