Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide operational support to VA-CSOC focusing on expert level analysis for cyber insider threats to include sabotage, theft, espionage, fraud, and competitive advantage that are often carried out through abusing access rights, theft of materials, and/ or mishandling physical devices.
- Utilize the VA ITSM to manage and track performance. The Contractor shall escalate work requests as needed through the VAs ITSM. The Contractor shall utilize the ITSM to document all investigation related activities.
- Monitor user activity on VA IT automated systems, infrastructure, and networks, to include the following:
1. Access Protection such as user and group management as well as security and audit policy changes
2. Endpoint Protection including malicious or unauthorized file and object manipulation, for example additions, deletions, and modifications, including change of permissions and/ or ownerships
3. Identity Management such as inappropriate use of privileged/ special rights
4. Network Protection such as unauthorized domain or root-level access
5. Audit & Data Protection to include unauthorized writes/ downloads/ uploads to local devices, such as Universal Serial Bus (USB) drives, Digital Video Discs (DVD), and Compact Disc-Read Only Memory (CDROMs)
- Maintain a daily activity report on assigned investigations and/ or incidents.
- Assist drafting, maintaining, and monitoring department-wide information security policies, procedures, control techniques, training, and inspection requirements.
- Produce Weekly and Monthly Analysis Reports for insider Threat cases and activities.
- Develop required SOPs and assist other teams with SOP, Playbook, and Work Flow Development.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineer or related field and minimum 2 years of experience. Additional 4 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- Minimum of 2 years experience within the last ten (10) years performing advanced network and host analytics principles and methods, and information security processes and techniques required to sufficiently perform insider threat and advanced analysis.
- Certification in one of the following (Security+, Network+, VA CSP, CISSP, C:EH) or 5 years of experience overrides certification requirement.
- Must be able to obtain a Veterans Affairs High Security Investigation (VA BI)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 years of experience within the last ten (10) years performing advanced network and host analytics principles and methods, and information security processes and techniques required to sufficiently perform insider threat and advanced analysis.
- Knowledge in a public health environment.
- Knowledge of VA culture, mission, and IT environment
- Certification in one of the following (Security+, Network+, VA CSP, CISSP, C:EH)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.