Start your future with a new mission! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Business Management Analyst 2 within the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit, Business Management organization.
This position is located in Fairfax, VA
The Business Management Analyst 2 will interact with various operating unit, business area, and division staff to solve reporting program issues and meet reporting requirements. In addition, the Analyst will interface with program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMS) and business managers to provide financial support and analysis.
The roles and responsibilities for the Business Management Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up the cost control system, and monitor and control costs on contracts
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets for contract work and perform or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement work are captured and scheduled
- Responsible for ensuring adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
The ideal candidate will be a proven team player with strong communication skills.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT OFFERED WITH THIS REQUISITION.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related area with 3 years experience - OR - a Master's degree with 1 year of experience. (An additional 4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Strong PC skills required with high level Excel skills, specifically the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Prior financial analysis and/or reporting experience, (TM1, Cognos or like system)
- Active US DOD Secret Level security clearance. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Experience with Earned Value Management or EVMS Software
- Experience with SAP.
- The willingness and ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance -OR - current, active TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.