Start your future with a new mission! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Finance/Program Cost Control Analyst 3 to support the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit, Business Management organization. The position is located in Fairfax, VA.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provides both external and internal reporting (s) for Sector programs.
- Interface with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers.
- Create and provide the following to program management teams:
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Program base-line
- Proposals preparation
- Negotiation support
- Risk and opportunities assessment
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUSITION.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or related business discipline with a minimum of 6 years related experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4 years related experience.
- Strong PC Skills required, specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Prior financial reporting and analysis experience, (TM1, Cognos or other like system)
- Prior experience with program EAC analyses to include cost and schedule risk assessments.
- Current, active US DOD Secret level security clearance, or higher, is required.
- Financial analysis experience within the Defense Industry
- Prior program cost control experience
- The willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance - OR - a current TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.