Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman If so, come join our Team as a Senior Systems Engineer and become part of the Northrop Grumman's Technology Services team on the Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) in support of the Missile Defense Agency in Huntsville, Alabama.
The GMD element is a critical part of our nation's layered Ballistic Missile Defense System providing the U.S. with the capability to engage and intercept long range ballistic missiles during midcourse flight. This position reports to the NG Systems Engineering Manager for the Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD) SEIT Integrated Product Team.
Your responsibilities Include:
- Developing, documenting, verifying and validating GMD missile systems and subsystem requirements to develop, upgrade and sustain the GMD system
- Working as part of the integrated systems engineering team
- Performing system analysis, requirements analysis, functional analysis and allocation, and interface definition related to the system design
- Defining, documenting and analyzing proposed missile system configurations, specifying test and operational systems component viability
- Maintaining and assessing the current fielded configurations against proposed changes
- Ensuring the logical and systematic impacts of changes against the total system solution
- Performing the internet protocol address planning, creating/updating program documentation as required
- Applying systems understanding in support of program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDRs)