Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people; and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer based out of Huntsville, Alabama.
What Youll get to Do:
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, integration and test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Youll Bring These Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled as either a Systems Engineer or a Principal Systems Engineer.
- BQs for a Systems Engineer are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: data analysis, algorithm development, requirements development, modeling & simulation, or interface development
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Ability to obtain & maintain DoD Secret security clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Performing root cause analysis
- 1 or more of the following:Proficiency with either MATLAB, Python, or C++ or other languages
- Air and Missile Defense or Command and Control
- Applying statistical methods to datasets to characterize system behavior and optimize performance
- Experience with wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices and systems
- Experience with Agile Development lifecycle process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.