Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking an EHS Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Huntsville, Alabama campus. The Huntsville Campus is the headquarters of Northrop Grumman's Missile Defense and Protective Systems division. The successful applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Environmental, Health, Safety, and Fire Protection (EHS) team.
Join the men and women of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
The primary role of this position will be to lead environmental, health, and safety (EHS) efforts across the Huntsville locations and at field sites and offices. Responsibilities will include:
- Review and interpret existing and proposed EHS regulations to determine applicability and impact on operations. Assists with implementation of EHS programs to comply.
- Partner with business leaders to continuously improve the culture, awareness and accountability in support of EHS programs.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of EHS programs to ensure compliance, injury prevention and risk mitigation.
- Complete audits, industrial hygiene (IH) sampling, ergonomic assessments, and assist with pollution prevention activities.
- Assist during accident/incident investigations to help determine root cause and corrective actions
- Interface with internal and external customers including regulatory representatives, senior management, EHS Committee, and the Emergency Response and Crisis Management teams.
- Implement EHS management systems, sector-level programs and associated documentation to proactively eliminate or reduce workplace hazards.
Additional roles and responsibilities may include:
- Serve as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Provide timely and accurate submission of necessary reports to the company and regulatory agencies.
- Write and update EHS plans and procedures.
- Apply for new permits and renewals.
- Prepare and coordinate EHS training and conduct instructor-led EHS training.
- Support the sites environmental sustainability program.
- Travel and/or provide support to field sites and offices as needed.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in industrial hygiene, engineering, environmental science, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in an EHS position.
- Experience with two of the four: 1) managing various EHS compliance programs (such as hazardous waste, storm water, wastewater, air, occupational safety, etc.) based on the review and interpretation of EHS regulations; 2) experience in completing industrial hygiene assessments and sampling; 3) oversight of third party consultants/contractors; and/or 4) implementation of EHS management systems (e.g. ISO 14001, OSHA VPP).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with all levels of an organization are a must.
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required).
- Master of Science (MS) degree in an environmental, health, and safety program of study, or currently enrolled in an M.S. degree program.
- Certifications in environmental or health & safety related programs.
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft SharePoint programs.
- Computer based skills specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.