The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grummans Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Communication Network (GCN) Development team. The team supports the development of designs and network planning as well as the implementation and validation of network communication systems. Work is performed at the direction of senior team members.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the product design, development, integration, test and implementation through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test network systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows based LAN/WANs
- Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
- Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
- Create and update Visio drawings of network and rack elevation diagrams
- Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
- Support UNIX, Linux and Windows based networked systems
- Work with vendor support for hardware issues
- Interface with DISA
- Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position including supporting product installation and checkout at operational and test locations
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- This position may be filled at either a Network Engineer or Principal Network Engineer level.
- BQs for a Network Engineer:
requires 2 years experience with Bachelors; 0 Years with Masters; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- BQs for a Principal Network Engineer: requires 5 years experience with Bachelors; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Defense Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networks (copper and fiber)
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Hands-on experience with network evaluation and troubleshooting
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- MDA experience
- GMD experience
- Hold or be able to obtain a current industry recognized certification such as CCNA.
possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or
higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security+
CE or CCNA-Security) (reference:
http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design
- Experience working in SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired
- Experience with cross-platform applications on various OSs
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools
- Hold a current industry recognized certification such as CCNP, CCIE or JNCIE
- Experience working with DISA, local and long-haul circuit vendors
- Experience working with MILSAT/COMSAT systems
- Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design is preferred
- Experience with communicating / coordinating highly technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines
- Experience with vigorous change management environment and the ability to document and test all changes prior to implementation
- Experience with performing technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and the ability to articulate risks in a succinct manor
- Experience with all layers of the OSI Model and configuration of networks with routing protocols, packet captures, ACLs, firewalls and security