Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people; and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal or Sr. Principal Systems Analyst based out of Huntsville, Alabama.
What Youll get to Do:
Roles and Responsibilities may vary but include a variety of System Engineering disciplines that:
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Leverage experiences gained in support of Department of Defense (DoD) and Commercial programs to provide innovative solutions to meet customer expectations
- Analyze, develop, and manage detailed requirements documentation
- Develop lifecycle documents for waterfall and Agile methodology projects, including Use Cases, User Stories, Detailed Functional Requirements, Software Requirements Specifications, Detailed Design Specifications, Test Scenarios and User Manuals
- Design, create, and execute test scenarios, test cases, and document test results
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Youll Bring These Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal Systems Analyst or Sr. Principal Systems Analyst.
- BQs for a Principal Systems Analyst are a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- BQs for a Sr. Principal Systems Analyst are a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD; or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experienced in multiple engineering disciplines to support existing Northrop Grumman programs
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience in direct support of software development programs
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, code, test, integration, maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with minimal oversight
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated knowledge using analytic tools (e.g. Matlab, Python)
- Experience performing system engineering activities, including; system decomposition, conducting trade studies, interface definition studies and the derivation of interface details to requirements
- Possess an agile certification (e.g. Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Software Verification and Validation (V&V)
- Security + Certification
- Experience leading teams and projects
- Engineering modeling and simulation systems
- Linux scripting (Perl, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.