Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our growing team of qualified, diverse individuals in Huntsville, AL.
- Ensuring the systems conform to all audit, security and Cyber Security regulatory requirements.
- Supporting system users for Red Hat Linux development environments, keeping them in-step with security changes and patches, including OS, Database and all vendor updates, while adhering to certification standards and change procedures.
- Performing builds and deployments in support of testing upcoming releases, including submitted changes and duties related to configuration management in a development environment.
- Tuning and security of required systems needed for operational environment.
- Installing of physical and virtual hardware, operating systems, middle-tier software, database software and data, LDAP servers, HTTP servers, firewall, proxy servers, printers, routers, switches, IPSEC tunnels, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science,
Information Assurance, Cybersecurity and 6 plus years of related
experience. Cybersecurity certifications with additional years directly
related experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Command of Linux Operating System administration
in server environments, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux; Linux-based
shell scripting experience.
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework for Closed
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
- Active Interim Secret clearance, or higher, required to
- Obtain Security+ prior to or within 6 months of hiring
- Experience demonstrating compliance with National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security controls
- Managing/administering a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
server based environment
- Experience in VMware, Cisco routing, switching and
- Security+ Certification
- Linux+ Certification
- Experience with Solaris 8 or Solaris 10 Unix Operating
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and
Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.