At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Under general supervision, procure materials, equipment and commodity products of low to medium complexity and value purchase orders. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from issuance of order through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving and Program Management. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
1. Reviews Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtains additional information considered necessary.
2. Under general supervision, prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ) and identifies sources eligible to receive RFQ for simple to complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
3. Under general supervision, evaluates suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact finds suppliers' proposals.
4. Under general supervision, participates in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
5. Under general supervision, performs a price analysis to determine price reasonableness.
6. Under general supervision, negotiates with suppliers on price, schedule, terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
7. Under general supervision, makes purchase order awards to suppliers and documents the purchase order folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures, including order placements against a Blanket Agreement or Commodity Agreement.
8. Manage supplier performance during the performance period, including but not limited to following-up on orders placed to verify delivery and/or resolve any contractual issues.
9. May provide proposal support.