Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineering Manager to join our Quality team in our Large Structures Center of Excellence in Iuka MS.
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Large Structures Center of Excellence (COE) in sustaining and improving an effective quality system as measured by customer satisfaction, product quality, process improvements, and system compliance.
While reporting directly to the Aerospace Structures Quality Senior Director, the successful candidate will have dual reporting responsibilities to the Large Structures COE and lead a team to execute the Quality charter. Quality functional ownership within the COE includes Quality Engineering, End Item Processes, Configuration management, Tool and Gauge Quality, Quality NDT Facilities and processes, and Quality Acceptance Testing and Inspection. Management role includes managing supervisors and a total functional group of 30 team members.
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and delivery to technical and performance requirements including verification to all requirements
- Participates in the development of overall strategies, objectives, goals of the organization; to instill Quality culture and support production rates.
- Focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using LEAN strategies, SPC, DOE, APQP, 8D and other problem solving and improvement processes.
- Manage/monitor system effectiveness, providing information and metrics internally and to division leadership
- Responsible for successful Quality Certifications including AS9100, NADCAP, and customer oversight activities.
- Financial responsibilities for direct planning, budgeting, forecasting, and controls to guarantee quality engineering team efficiency to program EACs.
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment.
- Develop succession plans and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities.
- Experience with high precision manufacturing and assembly working in aerospace, automotive, or similar highly technical factories.
- Delivers results using Continuous Improvement principles and methods.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Experience and understanding of Quality System requirements and the intention of systems documentation; to include external certification processes (ISO/TS16949, AS9100, etc.).
- Uses data to drive process improvements and pro-active quality interventions to assure requirements are met and sustained.
- Understands how to get things done through systems and outstanding teamwork; excellent communicator.
- Is a Champion to the Companys Business and Ethics Code of Conduct.
- Minimum of 10 years directly relevant experience with BS degree; or a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience with an MS degree.
- Experience with Laser tracker, Romer Arm, CMM, and specialized mechanical gauges
- Working knowledge of GD&T and complex inspection of tightly tolerance large assemblies.
- Experience with NDT systems particularly Ultrasonic technologies
- Working knowledge of CMII systems and configuration management principles
- Previous management and leadership experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.