Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS). As a part of the NGMS Team youll join experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. Its unique work. Its challenging and rewarding. But most of all, its work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. Well support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for the various entry level roles in Financial Analysis, Business Management, Cost Control, and Pricing. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in one of our facilities in the MD area: Linthicum, Sykesville, Annapolis, Annapolis Junction.
Roles and responsibilities of the Business Management Analyst will encompass the following, and vary slightly depending on specific position, program, or business unit to which you are assigned:
- Review and approve changes to performance measurement baseline as required.
- Support audits, reviews, fact-finding, and negotiation support requested by programs, customers, and company management.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Support the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Perform cost and schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentations
- Set up a cost control system, monitor and control costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provide both external and internal reporting (s) for Sector programs.
- Perform Earned Value Metric (EVM) tasks including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, budget baseline, cost risk analysis/ assessment and visibility reports, development and analysis of estimates to complete.
- Maintain and provide status and tracking information on customer requests
- Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer requests
- Examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Candidates must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal skills, and have an agile perspective or compliance protocol mandated by regulated industry.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria.
- The candidate must have a Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields OR Masters Degree from an accredited institution with 1 year professional experience as described above.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance is required. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Professional experience in a regulated industry: to include Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications.
- SAP experience
- Earned Value Management Customer Reporting experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.