Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Staff Program Planning Analyst/SCHEDULER to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Program Scheduling and Compliance Center of Excellence. This position is located in Annapolis, MD or Linthicum, MD.
The Staff Program Planning Analyst is responsible for the implementation of standard processes and tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
Working closely with the Program team the Scheduler will develop and coordinate the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives and status the IMS on a weekly basis. The Scheduling Analysts will be expected to have comprehensive communication skills, involving written and oral presentations, and present IMS status and analysis to internal/external management on a weekly/monthly basis.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with technical leads on the program to develop and status the IMS on a weekly basis.
- Ensures the Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Consults with the Program Team and provides thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and consults and implements processes and/or work flows to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Performs risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Provide interface/support to program office, IPT leads/CAMs.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced schedulers to achieve program objectives.
- Support new business proposal providing recommendations on schedule methodologies and proposal strategies and develop an IMP and IMS.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
- Bachelors degree with 15 years' related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 13 years' related professional experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years experience in project scheduling using Microsoft Project or other related scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools.
- 10 years experience using MS Office suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- Current, active US Secret level security clearance.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- 15 years experience in project scheduling along with expert skills in Microsoft Project, as demonstrated by an understanding of the tools properties and functions including:
- exports and Imports,
- multi-project consolidation,
- Inter-project linkage,
- Ability to create a variety of views, tables, filters, and reports
- 10 years experience using Schedule Health Analysis tools and Schedule Risk Assessment tools.
- Working knowledge of EVMS guidelines and processes.
- TS Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.