Transforming the future of technology The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Algorithms and Exploitation group in Mission Systems Engineering focused upon the increasingly important technology areas of automatic target recognition, sensor fusion, network centric systems, computer vision, and autonomous intelligent software agents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Sr. Principal Algorithms and Exploitation Research Engineer will lead and participate in multi-disciplinary, collaborative teams and contribute to the development of novel sensing solutions and surveillance technologies. The development cycle will include the integration of data collection experiments and cutting-edge exploitation algorithms into both embedded and non-embedded platforms. Potential solutions will be verified against live sensor data. Sensor types span all domains and include active/passive radar, electro-optic/infrared imaging systems, and sonar.
Duties will include the development of signal and image processing algorithms for exploitation of conventional and advanced concept sensor data in geospatial contexts. Resulting algorithms may be integrated into state-of-the-art software products that could potentially run on multi-core, multi-purpose processing architectures, embedded processors, FPGAs, GPUs, or other emerging technologies.
Additional tasks include defining software and system interfaces, system integration and testing, and field support of experiments and demonstrations. Work products include written reports, presentations, and project proposals. Occasional travel for meetings and data collections may be required.
- Bachelor's of Science degree with 9+ years of experience, Masters of Science degree with 7+ years of experience, or Ph.D. with 4+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or related technical fields.
- The demonstrated ability to perform innovative, applied research, and to develop sophisticated algorithms under computational or other resource constraints.
- Experience with conventional software engineering principles, including code maintenance, coding standards, and version control.
- Experience with algorithm implementations in MATLAB and software development in C, C++, and/or Objective C.
- This position requires an active Secret level security clearance with the willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level security clearance.
Experience in remote sensing, including active radar imaging and/or passive electro-optic and infrared imaging systems.
Experience with formulating innovative solutions to algorithm development, initiating and fostering client relationships, and executing projects in compliance with cost, schedule, and technical requirements.
Experience with open source computer vision and machine learning libraries (e.g., OpenCV and Caffe), Unix/Linux operating systems, and multi-threaded/parallel computing.
Experience in developing rapid prototype solutions from concept to design, implementation, initial testing, and integration.
Experience with presenting and speaking at customer demonstrations, symposia, and conferences.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.