At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Systems Analyst to be part of the IS PLM organization at our Bacchus facility in Magna, UT.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The PLM Systems Analyst is responsible for administrating and developing enterprise-wide Product Lifecycle Management solutions. This involves deploying enhancements and upgrades, providing operational end user support and consulting with customers on effective system use while meeting stated service level agreements. As a member of the PLM Center of Excellence, this position will partner with engineering leadership and our software partners to define strategic initiatives and influence product direction
This position is responsible for the development, support and day-to-day administration of Northrop Grummans Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems. These PLM systems manage product information and intellectual property for Northrop Grumman products. The position supports over 4,000 users at 20 Northrop Grumman locations across the US. This role works closely with IS and business personnel across the enterprise as a partner and resource to ensure application availability and performance. The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad range of technical and process expertise along with knowledge of engineering, configuration management, complex product development and lifecycle management with a continuous focus on process and cost improvement.
- Administer and Support PLM Systems and security for all Northrop Grumman sites
- Develop lifecycles, integrations, and create templates
- Install, configure, and maintain required software components
- Monitor performance and system health
- Manage development and upgrade projects with a multi-functional project team, ensuring execution of functional testing, preparation and maintenance of system and process documentation, and deployment in production environment
- Provide application troubleshooting and resolve tier 2/3 application issues often in conjunction with functional subject matter experts and/or vendors technical support
- Follow ITIL-based processes for change management, incident management and problem management
- Participate in technology enhancements and related projects
- Bachelor's in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in IS
- Knowledge of providing Tier 2 or higher operational support for multiple enterprise-based applications in a 24/7 service environment
- Programming in a language such as Java, XML, XSLT, UML, web services, C, C++
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of database and web server technologies
- Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM system
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Teamcenter Enterprise and Teamcenter Unified administration
- Teamcenter configuration/customization toolset (BMIDE, Workflows, Lifecycles, etc.)
- Experience with ERP and MES systems including integrations with PLM is a plus
- Engineering configuration management and/or systems engineering
- Familiarity with Windows and Red Hat in a virtualized environment
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Familiar with application integration concept and technologies
- Project and technical leadership experience
- Background in standard SDLC processes and use of Microsoft TFS (code management)
- Engineering process and tools experience
- Customer service and results oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization
- The ability to balance customer service and long-term sustainable objectives
*This position may be hired at a lower level
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.