At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, its about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer based out of McClellan, CA (Sacramento area).
What Youll get to Do:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug systems software that enables the unique and innovative hardware systems
- Apply appropriate corporate and industry standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle, following Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration with your products and those developed by others, and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Lead the design and development of complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages, on diverse platforms including UNIX, Linux and Windows based operating systems, utilizing modern configuration management tools and related software development tools.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Bachelors degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline and 9 years of relevant work experience, or 7 years of experience with a Masters degree in a STEM discipline, or 4 years relevant work experience with a PhD.
- Extensive experience developing embedded systems running Linux or other real time kernels
- Solid hardware integration experience and debugging skills
- Experience with SoC software and firmware development in a real time runtime environment
- Extensive experience with C or C++
- Expertise with systematic testing methods
- Expert understanding of all phases of software development, and practical experience in an Agile / DevOps environment
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI (access) security clearance
- Experience with Java
- Current active TS/SCI (access) security clearance
- Experience developing signal processing systems and mathematical transforms such as FFT as applied to radio signal decoding and demodulation.
- Experience with Xilinx silicon-on-chip tools and development.
- Experience with Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.