At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nations history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, its about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer based out of McClellan, CA (Sacramento area).
What Youll get to Do:
Designs, develops, tests radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave systems architecture, components, circuits, circuit card development, or products. Assignments can include antenna design and analysis for antennas and array systems, frequency synthesizers, transmitters and receivers; this position will also perform design, documentation and delivery of RF CCAs and modules. The right candidate applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. The work contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. This person will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector supporting the various sensors installed on the Manned and UAV aircraft that deploy worldwide.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support or lead teams for new or re-design efforts: update drawings, coordinate with different functional teams to make updates in a timely manner
- Schedule staff and equipment resources to meet test milestones; perform and complete Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and creation of reports for system sell-off
- Provide technical acumen for HW- technical resource on various phases of the project provide technical interface/point of contact/responsible engineer- subcontractors, vendors, customers, and field support
- Support or lead proposal efforts as needed: obtain quotations, material costs, BOM support, generate white papers, generate TDBOEs, cost and schedule estimates.
- Attend/Support/lead ERB/CCBs, Review and approve documents and provide hardware support as needed.
- Support ad-hoc tasking providing HW support to SW development, create test procedure documentation and training packages, select and testing of replacement components due to DMS, support of field questions and testing
Perform technical analysis:
- Evaluate system level tradeoffs and specification impacts of upgrades/design efforts and hardware replacements.
- Perform RF & System Hardware analysis/development as directed by Program Managers/team leaders.
- Perform chassis specification allocation to meet System Level Performance.
- Review chassis, CCA, component, system test data.
- Evaluate specification modifications vs. rework of hardware
- Calculate parameters as needed. E.G. material replacement required recalculation of coplanar waveguide impedance to determine if line spacing / thickness would need to be modified if the new material was substituted.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development