Put your years of experience into a future of excellence ... Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a qualified PC Desktop Support Tech for a classified government program at our Melbourne, FL facility. Individual will perform the following duties on a 'day to day' basis in support of the program:
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs basic PC setups.
- Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Maintains trouble logs.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Bachelor's degree with 1 year of IT support experience; OR an Associates degree (or other 2 year technical degree) with 3 years of IT support experience; OR a High School Diploma with 5 years of IT support experience is required
- Must have experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring Desktops running Windows OS (including Windows 10), as well as the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret clearance (or higher) in order to be considered
- Bachelors of Science (or other technical degree) preferred
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Dell, HP, or other certifications helpful
- Experience with remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs,
- Experience with Visio
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with zero and/or thin client devices
- Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
- Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more of the following: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
- Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- Current Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.