Northrop Grumman is seeking a Service
Helpdesk Technician to join our Enterprise Services team in Melbourne,
FL. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day service desk and
operational support for a strategic program. The selected candidate will
have technical skills that demonstrate a strong understanding of
Service Desk and overall IT operations, demonstrates effective
interpersonal skills, resolves technical problems, and answers queries
by telephone in support of internal customer computer hardware,
software, network, and telecommunications systems, possesses excellent
problem solving skills, and will contribute to deliverables and
performance metrics where applicable.
This role have significant
local support presence in task workflow and implementation, coordination
of both Prod/Dev support, and act as a local technical point of contact
for Data Center infrastructure related requests and issues. He/she will
function as a member of the team responsible for 24x7x365 helpdesk
operations and Data Center monitoring in a mission critical enterprise
environment. (This likely will include shift work)
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as point of contact facilitating Incident Management process.
- Provide technical support for the physical/virtual server infrastructure.
- Operate incident, change, and problem management ticketing systems, including operating system security & patch management.
escort to un-cleared personnel or vendors in order to remediate
outages, equipment failures, or contracted installations.
daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of
all hardware, network and server resources, systems, and key processes.
maintain, and disseminate Standard Operating Procedures, knowledge base
articles, and other technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Train new support technicians and ensure they are self-sufficient in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education or experience in an IT Customer Support role.
must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (or higher)
with an original adjudication date, or a periodic re-investigation,
completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered.
have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+
CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start
- Must have a general
understanding of Servers and Operating Systems, PCs, Laptops,
workstations, networks, and other IT equipment (examples: Windows, Unix,
Linux, Cisco) is needed.
- Basic understanding of Windows server operating systems, end-user support in an Active Directory environment, and
- general understanding of LAN/WAN networking is required.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds, and the ability to work from ladders, to install equipment and cabling.
- Must be willing to work various shifts, or after hours, or weekends, as needed.
- Experience working to meet SLAs in an ITIL environment is highly preferred.
- A+ and/or Network+ certifications.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE or MCSA).
strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate clearly
and comprehensively to senior leadership and technical experts.
- Strong organization and time-management skills, a can-do attitude, and a level of comfort with changing priorities.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our
complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.