Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Melbourne, FL.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform as primary Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Master's degree with 0 years of IT experience; OR a Bachelors degree with 2 years IT experience; OR an Associate's degree with 4 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 6 years of IT experience is required
Current DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
Must have experience with the administration of Windows Server OS and domain architecture
Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (at a minimum) in order to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's in IT, a Security+ CE, an MCSE, and 4 years of experience with the design, troubleshooting, and administration of Windows serves in a classified environment
Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
Understand basic networking, including subnets, routing and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification
Windows domain architecture experience
Windows Active Directory, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions
VMWare experience with current version
Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
Rudimentary Scripting (PowerShell)
Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.